NOTIFICATION ON PERSONAL INFORMATION PROCESSING
- WEIK Press S.R.L., with registered office in Bucharest, Vasile Lascar Street, no. 179, Chamber 6, 1st Floor, Bucharest, 020498, company ID number RO26711562, registered with the Trade Registry under number J40/3263/26.03.2010, website: http://researchandeducation.ro/, phone: 021 210 2096, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (“WEIK Press” or “we”), processes personal data of the natural persons who used or are currently using the services provided by WEIK Press and are registered users on http://researchandeducation.ro/(“Users”).
- We are processing the following personal information: surname, name, phone number, job title and place of work/academic institution you are affiliated to, area of scientific interest and email address used for registering.
- WEIK Press processes Users’ personal information based on:
(a) service provision contract concluded between WEIK Press and the representative of your employer/academic institution you are affiliated to;
(b) your registration as a User on the WEIK Press website in order to benefit of the services provided by WEIK Press;
(c) the Regulations, art. 6, para. 1, letter b) and f), and your consent for processing the personal data, under art. 6, para. 1, letter a).
- Providing information requested by the tax legislation, as well as other legal provisions, is a legal requirement; providing other information is voluntary, and refraining from doing so does not incur any negative consequences.
- WEIK Press processes Users’ personal information in order to provide its services and for purposes related thereto, in particular the following:
(a) allow the User to access and use the services provided by WEIK Press;
(b) fulfil the contractual obligations undertaken by WEIK Press and which are related to the provision of the services offered by WEIK Press to the User;
(c) for internal reporting or evaluation purposes in order to improve the services provided;
(d) for the purpose of communicating the services you benefit from as a user of the website www.e-nformation.ro.
- WEIK Press informs its Users that their personal information may be shared with the following beneficiaries:
(a) WEIK Press group of companies, for internal administrative purposes (e.g. Internal/external reporting and evaluation);
(b) providers of services similar to WEIK Press services or other types of services (e.g. IT, archive and storage services, accounting, tax, legal or other services);
(c) central and local authorities from Romania or abroad, in case we are requested to provide such information;
(d) courts of law;
(e) WEIK Press collaborators, partners and contractors, for the purpose of service provision.
- WEIK Press informs Users that their personal information shall be stored for the following period:
(a) throughout the term of the service provision contracts or for a maximum five-year period starting with the registration date on www.e-nformation.ro, minimum term necessary for the Users to benefit from and use WEIK Press services;
(b) maximum term imposed by the tax legislation, the Regulations or other general legal provisions in force.
- WEIK Press informs that, to the extent and under the conditions set forth in the Regulations, the Users have the following rights, using one of the methods listed below: (i) access to personal information; (ii) rectification of personal information; (iii) erasure of personal information; (iv) restriction of processing; (v) right to object to processing and (vi) right to portability, as follows:
(a) Right of access – concerns the right to obtain a confirmation from WEIK Press as to whether or not personal information concerning you are being processed, and, if that is the case, access to such data and how such date is being processed;
(b) Right to object – concerns the right to object to the processing of personal information when such processing is required to serve a public interest or a legitimate interest of WEIK Press. When processing of personal information serves direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object to such processing at any time;
(c) Right to rectification – concerns the rectification of inaccurate personal information without undue delay. The rectification shall be communicated to each beneficiary, except when such communication is impossible to be made or requires unreasonable efforts from WEIK Press;
(d) Right to erasure (or “right to be forgotten“) – concerns the right to request erasure of personal information, without undue delay, where one of the following grounds applies: they are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; the consent is withdrawn and there is no other legal ground for the processing; you object to the processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing; the personal information have been unlawfully processed; the personal information have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation of WEIK Press; the personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services;
(e) Right to restriction of processing – may be enforced where the accuracy of personal information is contested, for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of such data; the processing is unlawful and you object to the erasure of the personal information and request the restriction of their use instead; WEIK Press no longer needs the personal information for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; in case you object the processing, during the period of time pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of WEIK Press override your rights;
(f) Right to portability – concerns the right to receive your personal information from WEIK Press in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit those data directly to another controller without hindrance, if such transmission is technically feasible (this right applies if your personal information were transmitted based on consent pursuant to Article 6, para. (1) letter a) and Article 9, para. (2) letter a) of the Regulations or on a contract pursuant to Article 6 para. (1), letter b) of the Regulations);
The rights mentioned above shall be enforced by a written, signed and dated request, sent to WEIK Press, 179 Vasile Lascar street, Bucharest 2, phone 0212102096, fax 0212102096, email email@example.com.
- Where WEIK Press processes Users’ personal information on the basis of consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any given time. This withdrawal shall not affect the legality of the processing based on the previously granted consent.
- WEIK Press informs Users that they have the right to file a complaint with the National Authority for the Supervision of Personal Data Processing (ANSPDCP), if they believe that the processing of personal information violates the Regulations.
- Users may contact the Data Protection Officer of WEIK Press at WEIK Press, 179 Vasile Lascar street, Bucharest 2, phone 0212102096, fax 0212102096, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
WEIK Press S.R.L.