Research & Education is an Open Access Journal, available exclusively online, that publishes articles on subjects related to Education. The research papers published in this journal represent original works and they reflect the current trends in Education, offering new and up-to-date information in this academic field,useful to stakeholders all over the world.
REd Journal is a free of charge Open Access Journal which at this moment does not collect taxes for publishing its content.
Nowadays, Education is one of the most important topics, and research in this field has gained significant traction due to the new global context ushered in by the challenges of online learning and by the endless opportunities technology can offer, once adequately used in educational activities. Regarding this aspect, REd Journal fosters an interdisciplinary approach to educational subjects, so authors are encouraged to express their ideas in each article both from a theoretical and practical point of view. We believe that all research should provide practical value in order to truly offer valuable insight to stakeholders.
Only manuscripts belonging to one of the following categories can be submitted for peer review to REd Journal:
- Original Articles
- Book Reviews
REd Journal publishes articles, book reviews and editorials pertaining to the field of Education, while also welcoming multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary research works. Mainly, our articles focus on, but are not exclusively dedicated to, the following research areas:
- Research in Higher Education
- Contemporary Education
- Current Trends in Education
- International Education
- National Education
- Distance Learning and Online Learning
- Management in Education Field
- School Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Informal Education
- Education and Motivation
- Critical Pedagogy
- Education and Training
- Research Trends in Learning
- Teaching Methods
- Innovation and Technology in Teaching
We have a strong publishing ethics and we check each manuscript using one of the most prestigious anti-plagiarism checkers currently available at an international level. Additionally, we make sure that contributing authors understand the importance of research ethics.
The main aspects regarding ethics that authors have to take into account are:
- Originality – the manuscripts submitted for peer review must be original and must not have been previously published by other sources, with an exception granted to papers presented in conferences and, afterwards, published in the conference’s proceedings. In this case, the paper submitted for publishing at REd Journal needs to contain at least 30% original content when compared to the content of the paper previously published in the conference’s proceedings.
- Correct citations and references – the correct and complete citation of other research materials should be used within the article itself, as well as in the Bibliography section.
- Avoiding plagiarism and self-plagiarism – if any type of plagiarism is detected, the manuscript in question will be excluded from the peer review process.
- Access to scientific data – during the editorial or the peer review process, authors can be asked to provide full access to all the data they have used for their research.
- Avoiding excessive self-citation – a research paper can contain a maximum of 2 references to previous works by the same author.
- Authorship – all authors involved in the research process and the publishing of the article must be recognised as such.
- Acknowledgement – the research papers need to specify a complete acknowledgement.
- Funding Sources – authors need to provide details about the funding sources that supported the research and the publishing process for their article.
- Conflict of interests – authors should point out any possible conflict of interests that can interfere with their research.
All articles published by REd Journal are published in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0). The copyright is retained by the author(s). After publication being published by REd Journal, authors are entitled to disseminate their articles on educational platforms or in other promotional spaces without any restrictions. WEIK Press does not impose any type of publication embargo for any of the manuscripts accepted for publication.
Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) includes the following elements:
BY – Credit must be given to the creator
NC – Only noncommercial uses of the work are permitted
SA – Adaptations must be shared under the same terms
Open Access Policy
REd Journal publishes articles according to the Gold Open Access model, meaning that all articles are made available to the general audience as soon as they are approved for publication.
REd Journal does not request APC costs coverage neither from authors, nor from affiliated institutions, so access to articles and article publication are free.